Wales Air Forum Celebrates First BirthdayPosted: August 16, 2012
The hard work and dedication of our three-man team has enabled us to become a recognised force amongst the Welsh aviation industry and a trusted voice within the industry without any funding or sources of income.
What have we achieved so far?
- Attended three events hosted by Travel Daily UK (Invitation Only).
- Attended reception at the Senedd marking the start of Vueling’s Cardiff to Barcelona service (Invitation Only).
- Attended Ty Hywel on several occasions to discuss issues with numerous Assembly Members.
- Attended to attend the Aerospace Breakfast at St Athan hosted by Wales Business Insider (Invitation Only)
- Take part in several radio broadcasting interviews and debates on Welsh aviation.
- Regular contact with Cardiff Airport management team.
- Have met with management team of several airlines.
- Over 40,000 views on our news website.
- Over 600 followers on twitter.
- Become a respected aviation group supporting Welsh aviation.
What we do and offer?
- We have been proactive in contacting airlines and with a little more work positive results should be forthcoming.
- We offer a discussion forum for members to discuss the issues that are impacting Welsh aviation.
- We have built a one-stop resource facility to help airport users, which will continue to grow as relevant information or advice becomes available.
- For members who have a greater interest in the aviation industry we will provide monthly statistics on passenger figures from Cardiff Airport and aviation news on a daily basis. A discussion forum has also been created where you can discuss certain aviation topics.
- The Wales Air Forum will look at arranging trips to airports and airshows where members will be invited to attend and get to know one another.
- Our intention is to be a constructive and not a destructive voice for the Welsh aviation industry.
- To promote and assist the aviation sector in Wales.
- To push for Wales to be known for our input into aviation.
- To be a facilitator to add destinations to Welsh airports through co-operation with our airports, airlines and the Welsh Government.
- To assist all relevant parties to encourage growth in the industry to provide a future for the next generation.
- Help to increase inbound tourism into Wales.
- To assist the public in understanding the difficulties facing the aviation industry in Wales.
To celebrate our magnificent achievement in such a short space of time the Wales Air Forum will launch a monthly newsletter which will highlight the key activities of the previous month and what we are to expect the following month. The first edition will be released on the first week of September 2012.
The Wales Air Forum would like to thank our contributors and followers for their continued support throughout the first year and hope it will continue for the second and beyond.
Visit our main website www.walesairnetwork.co.uk