RECRUITMENT: Thomas Cook Airlines Cabin Crew, Cardiff AirportPosted: October 21, 2014
Job Title: Cabin Crew
Location: Various (please submit only one cabin crew application)
Salary Range: £ Competitive, plus a flying allowance and sales commission
Contract: Fixed Term (6/7 months)
Overview of Main Responsibilities and Duties (Purpose of job):
Cabin Crew are the face and personality of our business and so play a vital part in establishing how we’re seen by the millions of people Thomas Cook Airlines flies around the world every year.
You’ll have a high level of personal presentation, with excellent communication skills and boundless energy and enthusiasm. You’ll be flexible, attentive to customer needs and prepared to work hard, and of course you’ll have a great personality.
Our flights depart around the clock, seven days a week. For example, you could be required to check in for your flight at 3am one morning and then at 11pm the following evening.
In return for your hard work and dedication Thomas Cook Airlines offer the following package
- competitive salary
- an hourly flying allowance
- training course
- excellent sales commission on all goods sold on board
- discounted travel and last minute deals
- a stylish uniform
- car parking
On joining, you’ll benefit from one of the best training programmes in the industry and what’s more – you will be paid for the training period. The initial course, which is designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills required to enable you to deliver the highest standards of safety and customer care, lasts between four and five weeks and will normally be held at your home base.
The course demands a high level of commitment and you should keep your evenings free as homework forms an integral part of your training. With exams in all subjects throughout the course, be prepared to study hard!
Once you’ve passed your initial training, your first flight will be as an ‘extra’ crew member, assisting the working team on board before you become a full member of the cabin crew team yourself, and your performance will then be regularly assessed during the course of your employment with us.
Our minimum requirements
- must be aged 18 or over
- Must be between 5’2” (1.58m) and 6’3” height without shoes
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical examination (please see below)
- Must fit into the crew seat without modification
- Confident swimmer, able to swim 25 metres unaided
- A minimum of 6 months customer service experience
- Must be able to live and work in the UK without restriction
- Holder of a full UK/EEA passport that permits unrestricted travel worldwide
- Have a good standard of education and are able to provide a continuous satisfactory 5 year referencing history
- You must be fully flexible – we operate flights 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and you must be willing to work on any day of the year or at any time of day and be willing to accept roster changes at short notice
- You must live within 90 minutes travelling distance of your place of work
- Have no visible tattoos or piercings that cannot be covered discreetly (we do provide long sleeved blouses and shirts)
- If you have been or are Cabin Crew with an European airline you will be required to provide us with your Attestation of Initial Training (please see below for more information)
Important things to consider before applying
All successful candidates that are offered a Cabin Crew position with Thomas Cook Airlines are required, before they join the Company, to undergo and pass an EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) Aero Medical assessment. This will be at the candidate’s own expense and can cost in excess of £100. All candidates that are offered a position will be given further information on how to obtain this at the time.
Cabin Crew Attestation of Initial Training
If your application is successful and you are offered a Cabin Crew position with Thomas Cook Airlines – to enable you to fly as Cabin Crew for a European airline you will be issued with an Attestation of Initial Training.
All candidates that have worked previously as Cabin Crew for a European airline will be required to produce a photocopy of their attestation of initial training at the assessment event. Failure to produce this may result in Thomas Cook Airlines being unable to offer you a Cabin Crew position.
To obtain an security ID pass you will be required to provide us with a reference history to cover the past five years. With this in mind – if you are invited to an assessment event then please bring this information with you. References should cover both employment and, if applicable, education. You should also bring details of at least two personal referees to cover any gaps in employment or education. The personal referee cannot be a relative or someone that lives at the same address as you.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. Therefore we would recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Apply Online – Click here